Had a pretty full weekend; laid a lot of tile, cut a lot of tile, and volunteered to work a few hours to get some extra vacation time.

My beautiful floor!

The problem came Sunday. I spread glue over the bare concrete while MD pulled up the last bit of tile in the dining area, and then we started cutting tiles. After a couple of boxes we decided to start laying some. The very first tile I set down didn’t fit. I swapped it for another one. And then another. Surely all the tiles weren’t off. I placed one in a different location and it fit perfectly.

Oh, shit.

The row had a gap, one that throw the whole floor wonky.

Pictured: wonkiness.

The wonked row is one of the last we put down on Saturday, when we were all exhausted and in a hurry to get home. Now the row, about eight tiles long, and the surrounding rows will have to be pulled up and adjusted or replaced. I am not happy about this, but it’s my own fault for wanting to get as much done as possible as quickly as I could.

Advertisements