I got this really good-smelling candle, you know the kind that comes in a little glass jar? I don’t need another little glass jar or glass or what have you, but hey – it’s a candle so it’s like getting the glass for free, right?

So I burned the candle and it smelled really good, even though it came from :whispers: the dollar store :stops whispering: and there was that film of wax in the glass. Since I didn’t want my juice or what have you to taste like candles, I decided to get the wax out.

And how did I decide to get the wax out? This would be the dumbass part.

:sigh:

I put it in the microwave.

:double sigh:

Yeah. Apparently candleholders, while able to withstand the awesome heat of a small, bare flame, explode into tiny shards when you put them in the microwave.

And now you know not to do that, so this is my public service for the week.

Advertisements